Disclaimer

*WARNING* If you read my blog don’t be surprised if you get offended at some point.

Friday 19 April 2013

Guest Writer: Bad Fresher #1


On this, my first guest appearance on Will's Blog (the first of many I hope!) I would like to point out I am the butt of many of his jokes (Hymns and Arias was a veiled attempt to piss me off!) … I am that person that Is Welsh (but not Welsh) but Welsh!... The point that I am trying to make is, that my heritage (or apparent lack of) is something I am proud of and If I chose to stand by it, as long as It doesn’t hurt, upset or unduly aggravate someone (other than perhaps Will) I see that no harm has been done, I am not misleading anyone because I have a genuine claim (however disputed).

Which was why I was so pissed off watching the Party Political broadcasts this week for the English LOCAL elections.
Now just to clarify, a LOCAL election is one in which counsellors are elected to serve in your county council, they usually are affiliated to one party or another, but they don’t have half the powers of MPs… They are essentially the teaching assistants of Government whose job it is to reflect the needs of individuals in their county and ensuring the day to day business of bin collecting runs smoothly when Whitehall isn’t looking, they have no say on foreign policy or nuclear weapons, or anything that really matters to be honest.

Like I was saying...

I was pissed off because it seems as though it has become acceptable for counsellors to apply party politics to local elections, because unlike me, they are genuinely misleading…

Take Nigel Farage, his PBB (the first one I watched on the BBC) was filled with talk about hating Europe, and lowering Immigration and featured some wishy washy people with some vague ideas about MY BRITAIN… I mean that’s all fine and dandy that you are going to cut the deficit Mr Farage, (whilst sticking up a big two fingers to “BRUSSLES”) but unfortunately you are 2 years TOO EARLY! The general election isn’t until 2015! Now, I would appreciate some policies about how you are going to fill the pot holes in my road (and no you can’t stuff them with foreigners)…Remember your LOCAL COUNSELLOR is just that, LOCAL…

“BUT ALEX” I hear you cry, UKIP are just a closet racist fringe party with no hope of any power anyway… I thought that was the case too, until I watched the Labour one… 5 minutes of the more pathetic Milliband brother whining about how when daddy escaped from the Nazis he worked hard to create a better life, and that Is why education is so important…

FOR GODS SAKE!

I mean, at least he was closer than Shifty Farage, but last time I checked Education policy, other than a bit of fund allocation stuff was dealt with in Whitehall as well…I mean I suppose he tried, but when your Brother chooses to leave to join the thunderbirds over in Tracey Island (Almost certainly a subsidiary of Guam, but that’s a different story) because he wanted to “Stop Overshadowing you” then you know that you are in trouble…

So we have two parties, one the pawn of the trade unions and the other fronted by a bigot…Just as I was about to give up, than who should pop up but Nick Clegg… Now, would I get some snappy dialogue about how a lib dem council will protect the libraries, protect the weekly bin run or offer incentives for recycling within the community?

LIKE HELL!

Everybody’s favourite U-turn starts his piece about how the Lib Dems have cut income tax by £600 per year… Going on about the economy may dupe the “vast majority” which you keep referring too, but not me

FOR FUCKS SAKE

I mean for a start, his party the minority in a coalition… which in reality means Cons call the shots, Dems make the tea…as anything the Dems claim to do has to go through the conservatives first anyway… I have a theory about the coalition, it’s like a particularly slippery bar of prison soap… if its dropped, Nick Clegg is fucked…

THE USELESS LYING BASTARD!

But secondly Income tax is a national thing set by the Government in the BUDGET… a couple of times a year the chancellor comes out of his kennel, having played fetch with a little red briefcase and parrots whatever economic shit his accountant friends tell him to say… A sensible party would have parroted on about some policies that they have actually implemented
Now, I was fully prepared to condemn the Conservatives, even though I am positively biased in their favour… and then

FUCK ME!

The first policy that the Lord High Chancellor of Posh himself talks about is CUTTING council tax!...I mean seriously, this was a party that famously gave us the POLL TAX (what a load of balls) and has been focussing on cutting services!... CONGRATULATIONS! It’s evident that Daddies Eton Education has actually worked! You have understood that the average person needs to be informed about COUNCIL policies during a LOCAL election…

And that is just about where I am going to conclude, but I leave you with this to think about…

Is it Right that our politicians should mislead the slightly less educated in politics? …Is it Ethical that Mr Farage can peddle a seemingly rational idea as something which he can achieve In the COUNCIL when in fact it is so fanciful it is borderline claptrap?

If there were an Office of Fair Politics, (WHICH THERE SHOULD BE!) after successfully punishing the Lib Dems for lying to the student population, they should move onto stopping this shit!


No comments:

Post a Comment